Japan, the Land of the Rising Sun, is a mere 3.5 hours away by plane from Manila. The variety of food is amazing. Malls and museums are everywhere. Theme parks are too big to ride every ride in one day. You wouldn’t run out of things to do. With this guide, we are going to help you get a Japan Tourist Visa.
Its relative proximity to the Philippines makes it one of the top destinations for Filipino tourists, but its need for a visa discourages some to visit. In fact, getting a Japan Tourist Visa is more convenient than getting visas from other countries. I have applied for a
What is a Japan Tourist Visa?
A Japan Tourist Visa is a document issued by the Embassy of Japan permitting one to enter Japan. It provides information such as type of visa, duration of stay and date of travel, among others.
Who needs a Japan Tourist Visa?
If you are not a citizen of Japan or a permanent resident, you are required to get a visa to be allowed entry to Japan.
What are the Requirements?
- Philippine Passport
- Broken passport is not accepted. Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- Visa Application Form
- Available at the Embassy website, at the entrance of the Embassy or at any of the accredited travel agencies.
- Application form should be filled out all items correctly, if an item is not applicable, please fill in [N/A]. Embassy may not accept application with blank item, no signature, or no date in the form; may deny the application that is filled out incorrectly.
- Specs: 4.5cm x 4.5cm, with white background.
- The photo must be taken within 6 months.
- Please write the applicant’s name and birthdate on the backside of the photo. The photo must be pasted on the application form.
- Birth Certificate
- IT must be issued within one year from the PSA Main Office/Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide).
- If the birth certificate from Philippine Statistics Office (PSA) is unreadable or has incomplete information, please submit the birth certificate issued by PSA together with a birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar.
- If the birth certificate is “late registration”, please submit in addition, a baptismal certificate and school record (Form 137) from high school or elementary and School Yearbook (if possible).
- If there is no record in PSA, please submit a “Certificate of Non-Record” from PSA together with a birth certificate from the Local Civil Registrar.
- Marriage Certificate (if the applicant is married)
- IT must be issued within one year from the
PSAMain Office/Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide).
- In case there is no record in PSA, please submit a “Certificate of Non-Record” from PSA together with the Marriage Certificate from the Local Civil Registrar.
- IT must be issued within one year from the
- Daily Schedule in Japan (TAIZAI YOTEIHYO)
- If an applicant will shoulder part or all his/her travel expenses:
- Bank Certificate
- The validity of Bank Certificate is three (3) month from the date of issue
- Applicant’s Income Tax Return (Form 2316) clear Photocopy (latest)
- Bank Certificate
- If Guarantor who lives in the Philippines will shoulder part or all the applicant’s travel expenses:
- Guarantee Letter
- Proof of relationship between applicant and guarantor (e.g. Birth Certificates etc.)
- Bank Certificate (original) and Income Tax Return (ITR Form 2316) (clear Photocopy) of Guarantor
- If an applicant is not Philippines nationality:
- Foreign residents with long-term or permanent status in the Philippines applying for a visa must submit, in addition to the above requirements (except birth and marriage certificates), a copy of their Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Philippine government.
- Visa application of foreigners who are on a
short-term(temporary) visa in the Philippines cannot be accepted. Please apply at the Japanese Embassy /Consulate General with authority over the area in which the applicant resides or over the country of which the applicant’s passport was issued.
Size of document for application should be A4 size only. If the document is an
Applicants are exempted from submitting (4) and (5) Indicated above if they can submit old/valid passports with used Japan visa.
It is the
How much is the processing fee?
Japan Tourist Visas are free, but travel agencies where you submit your visa application charge a service fee. The service fee amount varies depending on the travel agency you submit to and the type of visa you are acquiring. In UHI, where we applied, charges a service fee of P1,200 for a
Where to apply?
Getting a Japan Tourist Visa is convenient because you are not required to appear at their embassy on a specific schedule. You merely have to submit the required requirements at an accredited travel agency nearest you at your most convenient time. Below is the list of accredited travel agencies:
Universal Holidays, Inc.
Ground Floor, Dusit Thani Manila Hotel, Ayala Center, 1223 Makati City
Direct lines: 02-859-3857 02-859-3858 02-859-3859 02-859-3860 02-618-2359 Mobile Nos.: 0917-634-8280 0917-530-2998 Fax No.: 02-840-3756
Discovery Tour, Inc. Main Office
Unit301G/Floor Sagittarius Building, H.V.Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City
02-892-2849 02-843-5832 02-843-5083 0915-320-0780 0999-943-5231
Discovery Tour, Inc. Cebu Branch
Door No.203-A1 2nd Flr.Northgate Center, Don Manuel Gotianuy Complex, Gov.Cuenco Ave., Banilad City, Cebu ( Beside UC-Banilad Campus)
032-340-1822 032-340-1824 0916-958-3489 0999-420-5556 0922-769-8369
Discovery Tour, Inc. Davao Branch
Door 109 G/F Court View Inn Bldg. Quimpo Blvd. Cor. Sandawa Road, Davao City （ Beside Ice Giants)
082-285-7188 082-284-4114 082-321-1315 GLOBE: 0915-326-0111 SMART: 0920-210-4677 SUN: 0923-423-2207
RAJAH TRAVEL CORPORATION Makati Branch
3/F 331 Building, 331 Senator Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City
RAJAH TRAVEL CORPORATION Manila Branch
Ground Flr., GLC Bldg., A. Mabini cor. T.M. Kalaw St. Ermita, Manila
0632-523-8801 to 07 0917- 854-3614
RELI TOURS & TRAVEL AGENCY Dusit Thani Hotel Main Office
3rd Floor, Dusit Thani Hotel, Ayala Center, Makati City
02-894-1210 02-893-9226 0906-280-6666
RELI TOURS & TRAVEL AGENCY SM Mall of Asia Branch
South Park 123, SM Mall of Asia, Bay City, Pasay City
02-556-1447 02-556-1446 02-556-1445 0906-513-6777
RELI TOURS & TRAVEL AGENCY SM MEGAMALL Branch
5th Floor, Bridge way, SM MEGAMALL, SM MEGAMALL, EDSA, Mandaluyong City
02-637-5020 02-637-4694 to 96 0906-513-6555
RELI TOURS & TRAVEL AGENCY SM
0089-A, Ground Floor, SM
02-800-4948 to 50 0906-513-6222
RELI TOURS & TRAVEL AGENCY Lucky China Town Mall Branch
FS414, 4th Floor, Lucky China Town Mall, Calle Felipe 2 Corner Lachambre Street, Brgy 293, Zone 028, Binondo, Manila City
ATTIC TOURS PHILS.,INC Roxas Blvd.Manila Main Office
Unit 202 Coko Bldg.1, Patio Madrigal Compound, 2550 Roxas Blvd.,Pasay City 1302
02-556-6301 to 6305
ATTIC TOURS PHILS.,INC Hotel Jen Branch
Ground Floor, Hotel Jen Manila, 3001 Roxas Blvd., PasayCity 1305
02-984-0566 02-668-9845 02-516-0699
ATTIC TOURS PHILS.,INC SM CITY NORTH EDSA Branch
G/F The Block, SM CITY NORTH EDSA, SM CITY NORTH EDSA Complex, Quezon City
02-372-3254 02-373-2594 0917-898-0905
ATTIC TOURS PHILS.,INC SM CITY FAIRVIEW Branch
Upper Ground Floor Annex 3 Bldg. SM City Fairview, Quirino Highway cor. Regalado Ave. Brgy. Greater Lagro, Novaliches, Quezon City
ATTIC TOURS PHILS.,INC SM Cebu City Branch
2F, SM CITY CEBU, North Reclamation Area, Mabolo Cebu City
ATTIC TOURS PHILS.,INC Cebu Waterfront Airport Hotel Branch
Lobby, Waterfront Airport Hotel 1, Airport Road, Lapu- Lapu City, Mactan Island, Cebu
ATTIC TOURS PHILS.,INC SM CITY DAVAO Branch
Level 3, SM City Davao, Quimpo Blvd., Talomo Davao City
FRIENDSHIP TOURS AND RESORTS CORPORATION Main Office
3rd. Fllr., Dusit Thani Manila, Ayala Center, Makati City
02-810-9622 02-893-8180 0917-548-1810
FRIENDSHIP TOURS AND RESORTS CORPORATION Cebu Branch
Unit 2-508, 5th Floor, OITC 2 Building, Oakridge Business Park, A.S. Fortune Street, Banilad, Mandaue City, Cebu
032-345-3459 032-344-4825 0917-724-3373